Monday, May 18, 2015

I Love Red Cats



There is something special about red cats! 



If you have been living in the cat world for even a short time you know there is rumor that red cats are always male and always exceptionally sweet and loving.  Both rumors are partially true.
First of all there are red female cats although they are quite a bit less common than red males.  So, when you see a red cat you can guess that it is probably going to be a boy.  But, if you want a boy then you better check to make sure.  I had one litter with four red kittens.  Three were girls.  I haven’t had a red girl since.
Second, red cats are exceptionally sweet.  I am sure there are exceptions to the rule, but I personally have not seen it.  All my red kittens have been exceptionally loving, sweet, and a little too smart for their own good.  I love red cats.
However, my personal opinion is that what ever color or marking I am looking at at the moment is the most gorgeous of all the cats.  When looking at my kittens I have never been able to choose a favorite.  If I was keeping a kitten I always say that I would choose the last kitten left.  I just wouldn’t be able to pick one.  They are all always sweet and very special.  To be so much alike in their personalities they are also different.  Some are more mischievous.  Some are more demanding.  Some just seem to have a larger than life presence about them.
It seems that cats do take on some of the personality traits of their owners.  In other words, the cat adapts to suit you and fit in with your life to some extent.
If I was choosing a kitten from a litter I would probably just sit down and wait until a kitten seemed to pick me.  The color wouldn’t be of great importance since as I already mentioned – I seem to think the one I am looking at right then is the most gorgeous.
However – if you are in doubt about which kitten to pick – pick the red one! Chances are you will be very happy with your choice. 
Currently we have a little red fellow that had to stay with us an extra few weeks due to unexpected extra work with his new owner.  We have fallen in love with him more each day that he has stayed with us.  He thinks he is a dog when he is playing with the dog.  He thinks he is a lap cat when there is a lap available.  He thinks he is a tiger when it comes to defending his food.  He is a wonderful cat. 
For most kittens, their fur becomes lighter as they grow.  Our red boys are really more cream than red although they start out quite red to begin with.  They are beautiful cats.
Currently we don’t have any kittens available.  However if you are interested in a red kitten I can direct you to two breeders who have just a few left – and they happen to be red.
Call or text Liz at  (253) 241-9733.  She is located near Tacoma Washington
Call, text or email Kristen. She is located near Marysville Washington.  khopstad@hotmail.com  425 330 1834

No comments:

Post a Comment